This post is designed to help those participating in a BSFL study at First Baptist Corsicana. Each week you can review and reflect on the lesson. The class is jointly taught by Aimee Kasprzyk and Jeff Fitzhugh. If you are in our area, we invite you to join us on Sunday mornings at 9:45am.
This past week we concluded the fifth session in the Set Apart unit. Here’s a review of what we’ve studied over the last several weeks.
- Session 1: Set Apart for Holiness (Psalm 99:1-9)
- Session 2: Set Apart by Christ (Romans 6:5-14)
- Session 3: Set Apart but Not Alone (1 Corinthians 2:6-16)
- Session 4: Set Apart in Our Thought (Romans 12:1-5,9-13)
- Session 5: Set Apart in Our Living (2 John 1-9)
Now we look at Session 6: Set Apart for a Journey (Philippians 3:10-21). Read and review this passage several times and reflect on parts that catch your attention.
Leading up to this passage, Paul says that everything else in his life is loss when compared to knowing Jesus Christ. He wants to be found in Christ as having a righteousness that comes from faith, not from following the law.
It was important for Paul to know Jesus Christ. He saw this as his goal for life. In Philippians 3:10, Paul shared three things that he wanted to know. What were the three things?
that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferingsPhilippians 3.10
- He wanted to know Christ, not just about Christ.
- He wanted to know God’s resurrection power.
- He wanted to know (share) in the sufferings of Christ.
Reflect on these things. Knowing Christ should have a practical effect on your daily life. Also, if you want to live a holy life, you can’t do it in your own power. You need God’s resurrection power. If you share in Christ’s suffering it will bring you closer to Him. When we go through trying times with others, those experiences bring us closer together.