1. As we pray, we must praise the Lord! We cannot expect His blessings unless we revere Him and gladly obey Him.
“Praise the LORD! I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart, In the company of the upright and in the assembly. Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them. Splendid and majestic is His work, And His righteousness endures forever. He has caused His wonders to be remembered; The LORD is gracious and compassionate. He has given food to those who fear Him; He will remember His covenant forever. He has made known to His people the power of His works, In giving them the inheritance of the nations. The works of His hands are truth and justice; All His precepts are trustworthy. They are upheld forever and ever; They are performed in truth and uprightness. He has sent redemption to His people; He has ordained His covenant forever; Holy and awesome is His name. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; All those who follow His commandments have a good understanding; His praise endures forever.”
Psalms 111:1-10 NASB
2. Are you faithful to the only true God in Heaven. The Lord guards the minds and actions of those who follow His commands.
“Praise the LORD! Blessed is a person who fears the LORD, Who greatly delights in His commandments. His descendants will be mighty on the earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, And his righteousness endures forever. Light shines in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious, compassionate, and righteous. It goes well for a person who is gracious and lends; He will maintain his cause in judgment. For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. He will not fear bad news; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is firm, he will not fear, But will look with satisfaction on his enemies. He has given freely to the poor, His righteousness endures forever; His horn will be exalted in honor. The wicked will see it and be vexed, He will gnash his teeth and melt away; The desire of the wicked will perish.”
Psalms 112:1-10 NASB
3. Remember. God is the ruler of Heaven and earth. He provides stability in the midst of pandemic and panic. Because we can trust Him, we can face our problems.
“In the LORD I take refuge; How can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain? For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, They have set their arrow on the string To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart. If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?” The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD ’ S throne is in heaven; His eyes see, His eyelids test the sons of mankind. The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, And His soul hates one who loves violence. He will rain coals of fire upon the wicked, And brimstone and burning wind will be the portion of their cup. For the LORD is righteous, He loves righteousness; The upright will see His face.”
Psalms 11:1-7 NASB
4. Before you pray this morning, read and meditate on Psalm 10. Ask yourself, “Am I a relying on the Lord, or am I full of pride trusting
on my own self ?” Know God? No God! He is the Great I AM!
“The LORD is King forever and ever; Nations have perished from His land. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will make Your ear attentive To vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, So that mankind, which is of the earth, will no longer cause terror.”
Psalms 10:16-18 NASB2020
5. Praise the Lord for His creation which is evidence of His existence, His power, His love, His care.
“The heavens tell of the glory of God; And their expanse declares the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out into all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has placed a tent for the sun, Which is like a groom coming out of his chamber; It rejoices like a strong person to run his course. Its rising is from one end of the heavens, And its circuit to the other end of them; And there is nothing hidden from its heat.”
Psalms 19:1-6 NASB2020
6. As you pray, remember God needs Us to explain His love, mercy and grace. What are you doing to share the message to the world?
“The Law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much pure gold; Sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, Your servant is warned by them; In keeping them there is great reward. Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults. Also keep Your servant back from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be innocent, And I will be blameless of great wrongdoing. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.”
Psalms 19:7-14 NASB
7. Pray for forgiveness of your own sins. Praise The Lord with Gladness! Enter into His presence with thanksgiving. Ask the Lord to speak to your heart as you spend time in His Word. Worship the Lord with other believers. Pray for this Nation. Pray for the Church. Pray for repentance and revival! Pray for truth and righteousness. Pray for the Salvation of those around you and those far away. Now go! Tell your story what the Lord has done for you in the power of Jesus name.