Hopefully, by now, you have received the email from Pastor Danny detailing how we are responding to COVID-19. We will not be meeting in person for at least the next two weeks. If you have not received that notice, you can view it on our website here.
I want to make you aware of what resources we are providing for you and our kids to continue to disciple them and equip you to disciple them in the coming weeks.
- Sunday School: Our curriculum provider, Orange, has been incredible this week. They have gone above, and beyond to make resources we can send to yall so our kids can continue to learn. They have waived all copyright rules so we can provide you with great high-quality resources. Each week I will be making our lesson videos available to you (preschool – preteen), as well as parent conversation guides and activities.
- Worship: Worship will be live-streamed. We are working on sending it through another site in addition to Facebook to make it easier to stream to your smart TV. I encourage you to take this seriously with your family. Get dressed if you need to, turn off other devices, don’t be on your phone (unless that is where you are watching from), and make a point to worship.
- Cultivate28: I will be recording and posting video lessons for our preschool, younger bible skills, older bible skills, and activate lessons. These will be modified and a bit shorter than in person, but with the same essential content, they have been receiving. Our kids have learned so much the past year and a half about the Bible as one story, and we don’t want that to stop.
- Resources: I have been and will continue to post other resources for you to talk to your kids about the virus, their emotions, and resources to help with homeschooling. Your role as a parent has just morphed in crazy ways, and we want to provide you with resources to help.
- Kids Ministry Check-ins via Zoom: In an effort to allow the kids some socialization and to see their teachers and friends, we will do some Kids Ministry Check-ins via Zoom. We will have our first one TONIGHT at 6:00 pm when we would typically be meeting for Cultivate. Be flexible with me tonight as we work out the kinks of this system. Here is the invitation (Meeting ID: 496 855 174) to join the meeting; the passcode is 4316. Please go ahead and set up a zoom account if you don’t already have one. You can use Zoom on a mobile device, tablet, computer, or the internet. I invite ALL kids, parents, and volunteers to join us! If you have any questions, let me know.
These resources will be posted in BOTH, our Kids Facebook Group (Join Group), and here on our church website on the COVID-19 page. We have developed a separate Kids COVID-19 page. We understand many of you are not on Facebook and want to make sure you are receiving the same resources.
Please know, we miss you and your kiddos. We did not want to suspend meetings in person, but we are trying to do our part in slowing the spread and flattening the curve. We ask that you do your part as well.
Please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help you or your family during this time. Also, please let me know what resources you need, and I will do my best to find them for you.
If you or your kids need to talk to someone other than each other, let me know, and we can set up a zoom meeting and can talk. You and your kids are dealing with a lot of emotions; I am here for you! We love you and are praying for you. I hope you will participate with us on our Zoom Check-in tonight! I might have some special puppy friends, Duck & Goose pop in to say “hi!” 😉
We will get through this together and with God,
fbccana.org | 903.872.7473