The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
While we need to be cautious and protect those who are vulnerable and compromised, we do not need to live in fear. We serve a powerful God who will guide us and care for us through anything and everything. We know our salvation is in Him, we know where we are going when our time on this earth is over. We must cling to that, and let the peace of the Lord wash over us.
If you need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to contact Miss. Ashley!
Resources for talking to your kids about COVID-19
- Managing Fear and Anxiety During a Health Pandemic
- Crisis Conversation Guides in English & Spanish
- Anxiety Conversation Guides in English & Spanish
Activities & Suggestions to Keep Your Family Busy
- Big Book of Family Games: 101 Original Family & Group Games that Don’t Need Charging
- The Floor Is Lava: And 99 More Games for Everyone, Everywhere
- Nat Geo Action Journal: Talk Like a Pirate, Analyze Your Dreams, Fingerprint Your Friends, Rule Your Own Country, and Other Wild Things to Do to Be Yourself
- The Ultimate Book of Family Card Games
- Have some sidewalk chalk on hand to play outside on clear days
- Have some basic craft supplies on hand so you can create:
- Handmade & written cards to family and friends
- Puppets & perform a show
- Paint rocks – then go on an undercover mission to not encounter anyone in town and hide them!
- Use recycled materials to make a robot!
- Put some shaving cream on the table or counters for finger drawing or writing
- Create an indoor obstacle course – THE FLOOR IS LAVA!
- Create an indoor scavenger hunt
- Build a fort
- Play a board game
- Have paper airplane races (you can find designs on Pinterest!)
- Design a board game and play it
- Play dress up
- Bake a cake
- Write letters to family or friends
- Create & bury a time capsule
- Read a book
- Have a dance party
- Tell a story
- Don’t forget about the many video resources available on Right Now Media